Digital Banking Terms
St. Louis Community Credit Union
Online Banking Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions govern the manner in which St. Louis Community Credit Union (“SLCCU”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) will provide online banking services (“The Service”) to each participating member of St. Louis Community Credit Union, together with any person who is authorized by a member to use or access this service (hereinafter referred together as You, Your and Yours). This agreement works in conjunction with all other agreements You have entered into with SLCCU, including the Account Agreement. Accessing Your account through The Service confirms Your agreement to be bound by all disclosures and agreements, and acknowledges Your receipt and understanding of this agreement.
Access to The Service The Credit Union will provide instructions on how to use The Service. You will gain access to The Service through the use of Your Internet-enabled device, Your ISP, Your Password and Your User ID. You may access The Service 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. However, availability of The Service may be suspended for brief periods of time for purposes such as routine maintenance, updating and revising the software or due to unscheduled down time. SLCCU is not liable for any transaction that is unable to be performed due to system down times.
Security You are responsible for keeping Your password and Online Banking information confidential. In order to protect Yourself against fraud, You should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not give Your account information, Password, or User ID to anyone for any reason;
- Do not leave Your Internet enabled device unattended while You are in the Credit Union’s Online Banking site;
- Never leave Your account information within range of others; and
- Do not send privileged account information (account number, Password, etc.) in any public or general e-mail system. The Credit Union may provide means for secure transmission of information in contacting member service but will never request You to send personally identifiable information through regular email channels.
You agree that You will not disclose Your security code or make it available to any other person. If You disclose Your security code to anyone, You have given that person access to Your account via The Service and You are responsible for their transactions. You agree to release and waive any claims against SLCCU based on such unauthorized use. If there is any change in ownership of any such account(s), notification must be immediately provided to SLCCU. Access to The Service may be denied at any time without notice if an account owner removes an individual from an account.
If You believe Your Password has been lost or stolen, or if You suspect any fraudulent activity on Your account, call the Credit Union immediately at 866-534-7610 between the hours of 8:00am to 5:15pm, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm, Friday, or 9:00am – 12:00pm on Saturdays. Telephoning the Credit Union is the best way of minimizing Your losses and liability.
Services You may use The Service to:
- Transfer funds between Your shares and/or Your accounts;
- Obtain account balances;
- Obtain history and transaction information on Your accounts;
- Obtain loan account balance information;
- Transfer funds from Your shares to make loan payments
- Make loan advances from line of credit to Your share draft or share account
- Change mailing address and e-mail address
- Place a stop payment on paper drafts
- Can enroll for Our Bill Payment service (iPay) and Our e-Statement service
Limits on Withdrawals/Transfers For savings accounts and money market accounts during any statement period (calendar month), You may not make more than six (6) withdrawals or transfers to another SLCCU account of Yours or to a third party by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer or telephonic order or instruction or through online banking. Transfers completed in person at an SLCCU office, through an ATM, or by check withdrawal mailed directly to You are not counted toward the limit of six (6) per month.
Our Liability Under no circumstances will We be liable if We are unable to complete any payments and/or transfers initiated in a timely manner via The Service because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- You do not obtain confirmation at the time You initiate a payment and/or transfer.
- The designated account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the payment and/or transfer.
- You have closed the designated account.
- If there is a hold on Your account, or if access to Your account is blocked, in accordance with banking policy.
- If Your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrances restricting such transfer.
- We have identified You as a credit risk and have chosen to (i) make all payments and/or transfers initiated by You via The Service utilizing paper, as opposed to electronic method, or (ii) to terminate Your subscription to The Service.
- The Service, Your equipment, the software, or any communications link is not working properly and You know or have been advised by Us about the malfunction before You execute the transaction.
- You have not provided Us with the correct information for those accounts to which You wish to make a transfer.
- Circumstances beyond Our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside source) prevent the proper execution of the transaction and We have taken reasonable precautions to avoid these circumstances.
We are not responsible for any other loss, damage or injury whether caused by Your equipment or software, The Service, or any technical or editorial errors contained in or omissions from any user guide/brochure related to The Service.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Indemnification You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Us, Our affiliate companies, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless against any third party claim, demand, suit, action or other proceeding and any expenses related to an Online Banking or Bill Payment account.
Third Parties We are not liable for any loss or liability resulting from any failure of Your equipment or software, or that of an internet browser provider such as Microsoft (Microsoft Internet Explorer browser or Apple (Safari browser), by an internet access provider, or by an online service provider.
Linked Accounts All accounts with the Credit Union that You enroll in The Service will be linked by the tax identification numbers of the persons authorized to access the account. The linked accounts will appear together without regard to the ownership of the accounts. For example, if an authorized user of a linked account accesses The Service, that authorized user will be able to view and access at a single time the following accounts:
- Any consumer accounts for which the person is a co-owner or authorized signer; and
- Any business account for which the person is an authorized signer.
Statements You will receive a confirmation screen with reference information after every transfer You make. You may save or print this information for Your records. You will receive either a monthly or quarterly statement, depending on the type of account, in the fashion indicated by You (electronic or paper) subject to any applicable fees and/or charges.
Termination To terminate this Agreement, You must notify the Credit Union and provide Your name, address, The Service(s) You are discontinuing, and the termination date of the service(s). When Bill Payment (iPay) is terminated, any prescheduled bill payments made through Online Banking will also be terminated.
We may terminate Your Online Banking privileges (including Bill Payment services) without notice to You when You do not comply with the Agreement governing Your deposit or loan accounts or Your accounts are not maintained in good standing. We will promptly notify You if We terminate this Agreement or Your use of The Service for any other reason.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers If You tell Us within two (2) Business Days after You discover Your password or other means to access Your account has been lost or stolen, Your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access Your account without Your permission. If You do not tell Us within two (2) Business Days after You learn of such loss or theft, and We can prove that We could have prevented the unauthorized use of Your password or other means to access Your account if You had told Us, You could be liable for as much as $500.00. If Your monthly Financial Institution statement contains transfers that You did not authorize, You must tell Us at once. If You do not tell Us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to You, You may lose any amount transferred without Your authorization after the sixty (60) days if We can prove that We could have stopped someone from taking the money had You told Us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented You from telling Us, We may extend the period.
Errors and Questions In case of errors or questions about Your transactions, You should, as soon as possible, notify Us via one of the following:
- Telephone Us at 866-534-7610;
- Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org; and/or
- Write Us at:
St. Louis Community Credit Union
Attn: Contact Center
3651 Forest Park Ave.
Saint Louis, MO 63108
Contact Us as soon as possible at either the address or telephone number described above if You think that a payment and/or transfer listed on Your statement is in error or if You need more information about a payment and/or transfer listed on the Statement. We must hear from You no later than sixty (60) days after You received the first Statement on which the problem or error appeared.
When You call or write Us, You must:
- Tell Your name and User ID.
- Describe the payment and/or transfer You are unsure about (Merchant name, Account information, Transaction Date, Transaction Amount) and explain as clearly as You can why You believe it is an error or need more information. If possible, please provide Us with the Confirmation Number for such transaction.
- Tell Us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If You tell Us orally, or by using the services' electronic mail, We will require that You send Your complaint in writing within ten(10) Business Days. We will tell You the result of Our investigation within ten (10) Business Days after We receive Your complaint and will correct any Services error promptly. If We need more time, We may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate the complaint or question. If We decide to do this, We will recredit Your Account within ten (10) Business Days after we hear from you, for the amount You think is in error in order that You may have the use of the money during the time it takes to complete Our investigation. If We ask You to put Your question or complaint in writing and We do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, We may not recredit Your Account.
If We decide that there was no error, We will mail or transmit to You a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after We have completed the investigation, and within ten (10) Business days of the date of such explanation, We will debit Your account of the amount previously re-credited to You for use during the time We took to complete Our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents used during Our investigation.
Email Address You agree to accept responsibility for notifying Us if Your e-mail address changes. You can securely update Your e-mail address within The Service. You cannot use e-mail to initiate transactions on Your account(s). Never include confidential information in a standard e-mail message.
Amendments The Credit Union may modify the terms and conditions applicable to The Services from time to time. We may send any notice to You via email or other electronic communication and You will have to be deemed to have received it three days after it is sent. The revised terms and conditions shall be effective at the earliest date allowed by applicable law. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and Your use of The Service in whole or in part at any time without prior notice.
Disclosure of Information We will only disclose information to third parties about Your account or transfers You make under the following circumstances:
- Where is it necessary for the provision of Online Banking and for completing transfers;
- In order to verify the existence and condition of Your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
- In order to comply with government or court orders, or other reporting requirements;
- If You give us permission; and
- To Credit Union affiliated companies.
Governing Law This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Missouri and applicable Federal law.
Acceptance of Agreement This agreement is an electronic contract that sets out legally binding terms of Your use of The Service. You indicate Your acceptance of this Agreement and all the terms and conditions contained or referenced in this Agreement by use of this product.