View What It Means to Work at St. Louis Community Credit Union Video Transcript
– My members are my heart. My members are the reason I get up every morning and I’m happy to come to work.
– We’re all about working with the community. We go to places where other companies would not go. We are here to serve the underserved.
– When we’re out in the community, we give people hope. We offer them opportunities that no one else has ever, ever provided them.
– Working at St. Louis Community Credit Union means caring, sharing, helping people.
– We allow them an opportunity for banking when they have never had an account in their life a lot of times.
– Best part of my job is when I see the members face light up because they’ve been helped, and they get something is going to make them happy.
– It’s a powerful experience when you know that you’ve actually changed somebody’s life for the better, and but indirectly by changing that one person’s life or changing our community as a whole.
– Working at St. Louis Community Credit Union means a lot to me because simply I’m able to make an impact on the lives of the people within the community in which I live in.
– We do have a great connection and a bond with our members. We almost become family with them. Not all of our experiences are joyous; we have times where we’ve cried with our members. There are trials and tribulations that they have to endure and we feel the pain with them. But that’s part of our compassion that drives us to help them, to be there for them, to know that we can’t always necessarily solve their problems but we’ll be there to support them, and the day will come when we can do something to help improve their lives.
– It’s very rewarding when you get to make an impact on the lives of the members that you serve. Not only within the credit union but within the community that you serve as well.
– My goal is to help people. I like to give something to the community and that’s exactly what I was able to accomplish working at St. Louis Community.
– It is the most amazing place to work because of the collaboration, the teamwork.
– The comfort level that my members have with me is what motivates me to do what I do, so that alone was, that was a joy coming in to the branch everyday.
– Our company culture is different than other financial institutions, and even other credit unions, and if you are looking for a job where you get to just come in and clock in and clock out at the end of the day, and leave it at the door, we’re not that kind of credit union. We’re fully committed to what we do in every aspect of it.
– You’ll have satisfaction, you’ll have good people to work for and with, and the members will love you.
– Working for St. Louis Community Credit Union makes me feel good to know that today is the day I may make the difference in someone’s life. The organization is an amazing, amazing place to work for.
– I love this place. It’s full of family. We’re not coworkers, we’re family. I feel like I belong here.
– I felt as if you know, this was really a company that cared about what you wanted to do not just for now, but for the future.
– It doesn’t feel like work. It feels like I’m going to work for a bigger purpose. Feels like I’m going to do something that I enjoy doing.
– We are a giant family. I could not be any closer to my coworkers than I am. They’re wonderful people and we all have the same goal in mind and that’s to serve, and to better the St. Louis area.
– If you are someone into making a difference in people’s life, this is the place to work for.
– But at the end of the day, you go you know what, I just love this job, and that’s why I’m coming back tomorrow.
St. Louis Community is more than a credit union. As a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), we exist to serve communities through financial hope and inclusion.
We’re looking for excellent people to be part of our giveback. We are committed to hiring in the neighborhoods we serve, and we recruit and retain people of all backgrounds to help meet the financial services needs of our members and our community.
If you have a great work ethic, motivation to excel and passion to serve, come grow with us. You’ll find more than a job here. You’ll find a passion, a career and a sense of belonging.
St. Louis Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ready to make a difference?