(And One Great Way to Do It!)
Your tax refund can be the perfect way to jump-start your finances, but it can slip through your fingers before you know it. It’s important to plan ahead and use that windfall wisely. Here are some great reasons to save money!
- Emergency funds: A savings cushion can be a true lifesaver when the unexpected occurs, whether it’s a serious illness or an unexpected car repair. (It can also save you from overdrawing your account and incurring fees!)
- Your education: If you want to go back to school, give yourself a financial head start. You’ll head into the classroom with one less thing to worry about.
- A new vehicle: Has your car seen better days? A tax refund could give you a healthy down payment – or even pay for the whole thing.
- A house: Take your first step toward the American dream of homeownership by putting your tax refund toward a down payment on a house. It may be a long path, but savings can be a big first step.
- Retirement: Who wants to work forever? It’s never too late to save for your golden years.
Not sure where to put your money? Your Credit Union is the safest place to keep your savings – and now, we’ve made that prospect a little sweeter. If you deposit your tax refund into a Save to Prosper Account, for every $25 you’re able to save, you’ll be entered into a drawing for one of five $100 prizes to be awarded throughout 2018. At the end of the year, one lucky winner will be drawn for a $2,000 grand prize!
Learn more about our Save to Prosper Account and other ways to save. That way, you’ll be prepared to make the most of your tax refund!