St. Louis Community Credit Union is strong, vibrant, and growing — and so is our team. Become part of our giveback today.
Assist members in person and on the phone with specific requests regarding their accounts. Responsible for their cash count, receipts, and disbursements each day as well as balancing cash and checks received at the close of each day. Responsible for finding any overages or shortages. Assist Branch Manager with assigned duties.
- On a daily basis, opens cash drawer on a computer terminal at a designated workstation with assigned teller operator number.
- Receives cross training within department to maximize productivity and member satisfaction.
- Receives members and personally determines the nature of the member’s business and either transacts the members request or refers him/her to the suitable staff member/department.
- Provides in person, routine information concerning the credit union services, policies and procedures while being service oriented as to member’s needs. Cross sell credit union products to members.
- Receives share, share draft, club accounts, and loan payments in person, by mail, or night deposit. Prepares proper receipts and posts transactions. Mails receipts for all account deposits.
- Provides money orders, cashier checks, and travelers check service.
- Disburses cash or check on all share type withdrawals, Line of Credit and Home Equity advances.
- Operates on line teller terminal. Provides in person information requested concerning the status of his/her account.
- Receives payroll deduction cards for starts, stops, increases and decreases.
- Oversees CUE phone withdrawals.
- Assist members in activating their debit cards.
- Receives wiring and Western Union information.
- Run member checks for deposit via PACE for Fed processing and clearing without error.
- Verifies and processes ATM deposits.
- Answer phones in a professional manner. Assist members with their questions.
- Possible work hours are 8:45 a.m. until 6:15 p.m. The branch managers will schedule the work hours. Tellers should be in their window and opened at their scheduled starting time.
- Always greet members with a smile and have a pleasant tone of voice and provide service as described by the 12 Brand Elements.
- Always work as a team player.
- High school diploma or equivalent business experience.
- 1 year previous teller experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift 10-30 pounds and reach above head to move files if necessary.
- Experience in handling large cash amounts.
- Working knowledge of fax machine, microfiche, ten-key calculator, typewriter, copy machine and basic computer skills.
- Clear, concise oral and written communication skills for member transactions by phone or in person.
- Light industrial typing.
St. Louis Community offers a competitive compensation package with incentives and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Pension, and the ability to grow with the organization.
Applicants should send cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to:
St. Louis Community Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources
3651 Forest Park Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108
In the subject line, please reference “Teller.”
No phone calls, please.
St. Louis Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.