Tellers assist members in person, by phone and mail with specific requests regarding the members’ accounts. They are responsible for managing an assigned cash drawer with accuracy and are expected to be in balance at the end of each workday. Tellers are expected to have a working knowledge of the products and services offered by the Credit Union and are responsible for discovering opportunities to serve each member they assist. They will assist Branch Managers /Assistant Branch Managers with assigned duties.
- Process members financial transactions; including deposits, cash/check withdrawals and loan payments/advances; sell negotiable instruments; transfer funds for members as directed; complete wire transfers; assist members in activating and pinning, de-activating and re-ordering their debit card; complete all other transactions as requested.
- Verify member identification according to guidelines to avoid fraudulent transactions.
- Receive share drafts/checks, verify proper endorsement and determine appropriate check holds.
- Complete all transactions with accuracy.
- Balance currency, coin, checks, and negotiable instruments at the end of the workday to ensure balancing accuracy.
- Based on assignment, balance ATM’s, verify and post night deposit transactions, balance and process check batches for proper clearing and process transactions received through the mail.
- Manage cash load to ensure cash and vault drawers are within acceptable limits.
- Make a concerted effort to solve members’ problems.
- Council members on account questions relating to deposit products, loans and services offered at the Credit Union.
- Serve each member with courtesy and respect at a level consistent with our 12 brand elements.
- Discover opportunities to serve every member you assist by offering products and services that meet their needs and enhance their personal finances.
- Strictly adhere to all safety and security procedures, including opening and closing the offices.
- Uphold the highest standard for keeping members and Credit Union business strictly confidential.
- Understand and comply with all state and federal regulations and laws. Ensure compliance with all governing regulations especially the Bank Secrecy Act requirements. Bank Secrecy Act knowledge will be determined by the employee’s position and responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of and adhere to all guidelines specified under internal audit control policies and procedures
- Replenishes forms in work area.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments or functions as required and/or assigned
- High school education or sufficient technical/trade/business school classes. 1
year previous teller experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift 10-30 pounds and reach above head to move files if necessary.
- Experience in handling large cash amounts.
- Working knowledge of fax machine, microfiche, ten-key calculator, copy machine, and basic computer skills including use of keyboard and mouse.
- Clear, concise oral and written communication skills for member transactions by phone or in person.
- Light industrial typing.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do data entry, stand/walk, talk and/or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or carry cash drawers, bags of coins, boxes of checks, receipt and envelopes up to 30 pounds. The employee is also required lift, carry, reach above shoulders, stoop pull, and bend while stocking teller supplies. The employee must occasionally drive from his or her home office to different branches.
St. Louis Community offers a competitive compensation package with incentives and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Pension, and the ability to grow with the organization.
Applicants should apply online via ADP or send résumé and cover letter to:
St. Louis Community Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources
3651 Forest Park Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108
No phone calls, please.
St. Louis Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.