Join Our Team
St. Louis Community Credit Union is an employer that really cares about people and the value their diverse ideas can bring. It’s part of our give back. Here’s your opportunity to become part of a growing credit union!
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Customer Service Representative, RedDough Money Center
Full-time & part-time positions available
Provide an environment of excellence for our customers, our employees and our community. Build and maintain strong customer relationships through the use of service and selling skills. Receive and process loan applications, open new debit card accounts, complete routine teller transactions and counsel customers on other financial services. Assist customers in person and on the phone with specific requests regarding their business. Responsible for their cash count, receipts, and disbursements each day, as well as balancing cash and checks received at the close of each day. Responsible for finding any overages or shortages. Assist manager with assigned duties.
- On a daily basis, opens cash drawer on a computer terminal at a designated workstation with assigned teller operator number.
- Receives customers and personally determines the nature of the customer’s business and either transacts the request or refers him/her to the suitable staff member.
- Provides, in person, routine information concerning company services, policies and procedures, while being service oriented as to the customer’s needs.
- Receives loan payments in person or by mail. Prepares proper receipts and posts transactions.
- Provides money orders to customers.
- Disburses cash, check or loads cash on debit cards.
- Operates online teller terminal. Provides in-person information requested concerning the status of customer’s loan.
- Assists customers in activating their reloadable debit cards.
- Receives payroll deduction cards for starts, stops, increases and decreases.
- Oversees CUE phone withdrawals.
- Assist members in activating their debit cards.
- Receives Money Gram information.
- Answer phones in a professional manner. Assists customers with their questions.
- Must be in their window and opened at their scheduled starting time.
- Always greets customers with a smile and has a pleasant tone of voice.
- Builds and maintains strong customer relationships through the use of service and selling skills.
- Determines customer needs, educates on appropriate products or services to meet those needs, and counsels customers on benefits of Excel Center.
- Takes loan applications, completes loan processing, prepares loan files and underwrites loans pending for decisions.
- Cross-sells additional products and services at every opportunity.
- When disbursing funds for a loan, ensures that the customer is familiar with all terms, conditions, etc.
- Maintains the customer’s self-esteem when declining a loan request.
- Recommends changes to policies and procedures to Operations Manager to ensure superior customer service and efficiency of operations is maintained.
- Keeps all customer and company business strictly confidential.
- Understands and complies with all state and federal regulations and laws. Ensures compliance with all governing regulations, especially the Bank Secrecy Act requirements. Bank Secrecy Act knowledge will be determined by the employee’s position and responsibility.
- Provide assistance to fellow employees to enhance their ability to provide continuous, quality customer service.
- Provide training and assistance to other Customer Service Representatives.
- Keep work area clean and free of clutter or waste to project a professional appearance.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments or functions as required and/or assigned.
- High School diploma and at least one year of experience in banks, credit unions or Alternative Financial Services is helpful; should have a working knowledge of RedDough consumer lending policy.
- Must have basic reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for continuous customer service and participate in a team effort to provide efficient service and meet customer needs.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be flexible and dependable with a professional appearance.
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented, knowledgeable about computer systems as it relates to loans, transactions, and general business.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal relationship skills; be clear and concise in oral/written communication.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player and customer service oriented in attitude and performance; amiable personality.
- Experience in handling large cash amounts.
- Clear, concise oral and written communication skills for member transactions by phone or in person.
St. Louis Community offers a competitive compensation package with incentives and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Pension, and the ability to grow with the organization.
Applicants should send cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to:
St. Louis Community Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources
3651 Forest Park Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108
In the subject line, please reference “Customer Service Representative, RedDough Money Center.”
No phone calls, please.